Thursday, July 10, 2008

School Survey WHY????? (^_^)


In the article Students, Teachers and Parents Weigh In on State of the Schools by Jennifer Medina she talks about the survey that was done by the students, teachers, and parents. It was a way to see how the system was doing and what could worked on and improved.It explains how more people did the survey. I didn't do it myself but I did look over it. I felt as if people was writing what was wanted to be heard. I noticed it said voluntary but they try to force the students to do in my school. I refused because I think they doing this to find a blame dummy to frame. To say that even if they was to fail they could say it is the people fault and they were right. They asked the students do they feel safe in the hallways, bathrooms and locker rooms. What about after school? That should of been a question on that survey. People don't understand most issues are settled after the kids leave the school grounds. I have many horrible things happened to students because of issues that occurred on school grounds. I notice the author kept pushing on the fact that more people actually did the survey. I myself personally think the school system is coming along quite well. The problem is that certain kids shouldn't be in certain schools. For example, some kids are too good for some schools and some are not mentally fit for some environments. I feel this sometimes leads to aggravation which leads to violent acts to one another. Not to say kids should be judged and placed but, I feel it creates a healthier environments for kids to learn. My education has been difficult these pass few years. I've been put in classes where it is difficult to learn due to others behavioral patterns. The teachers are constantly "babysitting the students" which decreases time for the actual education. I noticed in the fifth paragraph it said "More than a third of middle and high school students said getting good grades did not earn the respect of other students". This in some schools is a way to lose respect. To some students this shows how other kids think their better than them because he or she is smarter. In some schools it is respected I think. This could be compared to the crabs in a basket. One crab could be almost to the top and another crab would be quick to pull it back down. This could be compared to one student distracting the other so he or she can't learn.All I'm saying is that I disagree with most of the article and the use of the survey.

No comments: